Named the Kickstart Club formed 1 August 1952, under the guidance of Francis (Frad) Jones, renamed Wadebridge & District Motor Club a few weeks later.
In 1956 the club became Camel Vale Motor Club to accommodate the rapidly increasing number of car owners at the end of petrol rationing after the Suez Canal crisis.
Club Chairman Gerald Hammett and Club Secretary John Crowle held regular committee meetings at Treningle Café near Bodmin. Most competitions were motorcycle trials attracting a youthful band of enthusiastic members. Summer motorcycle Scrambles at Gerald Hammett’s farm at Trevorrick, St Issey attracted racers from all over Cornwall and beyond. Car owning members carried out marshalling duties on the local sections of the trials. The brain testing Annual Voyager’s Rally for cars and a few brave motorcyclists was organised by Dave Hilliard (later Club President). This involved searching for complex navigation clues to be able to complete the slow speed rally course.